General contact: Prof. Dr. Olivier Roy
Administrative matters: Sonja Weber, Monika Schecklmann
Webmaster: Marcel Heidemann
Please see the list of chair members for their contact data.
Lehrstuhl für Philosophie I
Phone: +49 (0)921 / 55-4159
Fax: +49 (0)921 / 55-4160
Building GW II (Geisteswissenschaften II)
Universitätsstraße 30 (at bus stop “Mensa”)
How to find us
- Public transport: Electronic timetable on the VGN website (select bus stop “Bayreuth, Mensa”)
- Maps: OpenStreetMap
- Finding your way on the campus: Plans on the university website
Getting to Bayreuth
The nearest airports to Bayreuth are: Nuremberg (80 km from Bayreuth), Munich (200 km from Bayreuth) and Frankfurt (250 km from Bayreuth):
- Nuremberg: From the airport you have to get to Nuremberg main train station (Nuremberg Hbf ) by underground (U Bahn). From there trains to Bayreuth usually leave twice per hour. The journey to Bayreuth takes about 75 min from the airport.
- Munich: From the airport you have to get to the Munich main train station (Munich Hbf ) by local train (S-Bahn). From there trains to Bayreuth usually leave every hour. (Note: the train connection involves a change in Nuremberg. There is no direct train from Munich to Bayreuth). The journey to Baryeuth takes about 3 ½ hours from Munich airport.
- Frankfurt: Trains to Bayreuth are leaving nearly every hour at the Airport Terminal. (Note: the train connection involves a change in Nuremberg. There is no direct train from Frankfurt to Bayreuth). The journey to Baryeuth takes about 4 ½ hours from Frankfurt airport.
For more information about the train connections see the website of Deutsche Bahn.